Dear Aimee's Focus:
I miss you. You used to be there for me - making me sit for hours on end, writing dissertation chapters, reading dissertation books, and without a care in the world.
Now, you come for 15 minutes to a half an hour, and leave without notice. You leave, and then I sit and doodle on the internet or send emails.
Somehow, you like to reappear when I'm researching baby things. Why is that? Why do you want to reappear then? Then, you stay for hours and hours, letting me concentrate on the knitted dress I am making, on the blogs about pregnancy and raising children, about all sorts of information related to the little person growing inside me. Then you stick around.
But frankly, I need you to come back once and awhile to help me on my work. Distractions are so multiple these days (including the little bumps and kicks inside my body).
I'll make you baked goods, Focus. I'll make you the best chocolate chip/oatmeal whole wheat cookies you've ever had.
Just come back, for a little while. Say, until April 15. Is that ok?
Missing you,
Aimee
1 comment:
Hi, Aimee,
I had a great few minutes reading your blogs--what a great writer you are!
Please post pictures so we can see you pregnant, too!
Aleta
Post a Comment