Monday, January 18, 2010

in case you were wondering

I'm sitting in a B&B in Greenville NC boring myself to death by practicing my lecture for tomorrow. Today was airport hell. Of course, today of all days, I had a flight problem - in the biggest freaking airport known to man... or at least to me. My transfer from Houston, TX to Charlotte NC (and mind you, that still wasn't the whole way) was delayed TWO HOURS so I wouldn't make my hopper from Charlotte to Greenville. And Houston's airport is such that if you aren't flying Continental, you have to take A BUS across the tarmac to the "other terminal." that's Right, all the other carriers are at this bastard terminal like 10 minutes away by bus. Weird ass.

So when your flight at the OTHER terminal is delayed, then you need to take a bus to said "other" terminal, talk to a hassled ticket agent for 45 minutes, realized that you've missed the only other flight to Charlotte which is back at the REAL terminal that there is no way you could get to it because you are at the "other" terminal, and then just hope that the flight that she got you on standby to Raleigh is okay and on time and that the 90 minute car ride from Raleigh to Greenville isn't awkward with the search committee chairperson.

Oy.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Wow - that's a pretty horrible airport ordeal. Well I'm glad you're where you're supposed to be now - and I am wishing you the best luck!!! Also... just caught up on reading your blog...and the first thing that caught my mind with the BM blog was the thought - "has Aimee used the massage groupon yet???" ...because that is relaxing.

Summer said...

Good luck with your lecture! You'll be awesome. I hope you dropped a picture of Stella into your lecture slides. Perhaps the one of her with the red tights...xoxo