Saturday, March 16, 2013
From the mouths of...
Louisa knocks over Stella's play stroller with her stuffed animals in it, and Stella utters:
"Oh Bunny, I know. That was traumatic for you."
Steve and I almost lose it. "Um, Stella, do you know what the word 'traumatic' means?"
"No."
"Well, you used it properly. Do you want me to tell you what it means?"
"No."
***********
Before going to bed a few nights ago:
"Mommy, can I ask you a question?"
Sure.
"Mommy, why does the sorcerer turn the white swan into a black swan?"
What?
"the white swan? Why does he do that?"
Oh, you mean in Swan Lake? (which we watched like 3 weeks before and hadn't talked about it since.) Well, he's a mean sorcerer, and really the black swan is his daughter pretending to look like the white swan.
"Why?"
Um, because that's the story. The sorcerer wants the white swan to live in his lake forever because he likes her.
"But the prince likes her! That's not fair."
No Stella, it isn't.
"Good night Mommy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment