Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Term"


So my midwife used a word last week that scared us a little... "you are basically at term" she said.

"Term?" I said, using the quotation marks with my fingers.

"Oh yes," she said. "Term."

We both laughed, she with a hearty "oh dear, does this woman know what she's in for? 'Cause I do" laugh and me with a nervous "Oh dear, do I know what we're in for, 'cause I don't" laugh.

So here is me almost at "term" - 36 weeks this week.

I also realized I think that tank top makes me look like the Alice in Wonderland cheshire cat from the Disney version.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

dad said...

Oh, my gawd!You look like you are ready to burst. Love, dad.

Liza said...

My, how Speedy has grown! She's going to be very healthy little girl! You have done a great job of giving her what she needs.

GEB said...

Not to disagree with your excellent father, but I'm impressed by how vibrant you look for being at "term"--not at all like worn-out, frazzled, or about to fall face-forward if anyone taps you from behind. Anyone who can still make horizontal stripes look good at 36 weeks must be in great shape!

g said...

Aimee, I love checking in on your blog. You look just wonderful!! I'm so pleased for you and Steve and can't wait to meet Speedy. You will be a wonderful mom - what a lucky baby. god bless you guys - keep posting - you are loved from all over the country!xxoox, glynn