Stella is walking full on. Like everywhere. (God help Scupper... she sneaks up behind him and grabs his tail...) She also has hit her noggin like everyday. She has about 3 goose-egg bruises up there right now. Poor girl. The language acquisition is going slower (and of course, I'm being that neurotic mom that is slightly worried...) She "talks" up a storm, but we can't understand a darn thing, save for "dog," "doggie," a derivation of what we think is "monkey" and "nana" for about any fruit that she can see in the fruit bowl. Oh, and "whoa" and "hi" which crack us up. "Whoa" she learned from the other girl I babysit from time to time. It's pretty funny.
And even more funny? This little clip of Stella doing her infamous shoulder roll. My friend grace who teaches a hip-hop dance class wondered who taught it to her. Certainly wasn't me!
In other news, Steve came up with an idea last night. Train for a triathlon to give me a goal with my working out.
Eek. Part of me is REALLY psyched about it. and the other part of me is scared as hell. I hate running. Let me repeat I HATE RUNNING. But swimming and biking, no problem. It's 500meter swim (equivalent to 20 (25 m) laps in a pool), 12 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. I can do that, right? Late September? Right? Right?
3 comments:
That's so awesome. I love it.
Also, yay for triathlon! My plan is to train for one in the spring to get back into shape. Let me know how it goes!
holla!
stella's got her groove.
xo,
Sum
wow - Stella can do that better than I can. Triathlon that's a good idea! Go you!
Post a Comment