Friday, September 23, 2011

Daddy’s Favorites

I mentioned to Steve last week about my list of Stella words (of which I forgot to include “libarbee = library”) and he wanted to offer his two favorite phrases.

“I dood it.” I do it. We hear this one A LOT. Steve has now started saying it too, especially when I offer to do the dishes, which he does every night without fail. “I dood it!” he’ll say, and I retort with, yah, but I give her a bath almost every night so for once, I’d like to give the dishes a bath and you give the toddler one!

“No touch a poopy.” This one is a bit more difficult to explain, but it practically makes us snort water out of our noses when we hear it. I think it must have started on the camping trip? I have no clue – either way, Stella seems to think that every sign, every written piece, envelope, mail, etc. that has large words/letters on it says “no touch a poopy.” Seriously, we have no idea where this came about. I can only think I must have interpreted a sign for he? But knowing me, I probably said that the sign read “Don’t touch the dog poopy” or “Don’t touch the bird poopy” or something ridiculous so she would stop whatever she was doing outside.

Oh dear. Let’s hope that when she DOES start to read, she learns a bit more phrases. Steve is really tempted to get bumper stickers that just say:

NO TOUCH A POOPY

Who wants one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for two bumper stickers. One for me and one for Grampy's car. Love it. "I dood it" is one that some little kiddies still say in kindergarten and yes! it is easy to start using in adult vocabulary. Just don't TOUCH A POOPY and everything will okey dokey!! Grammy Z.

Melanie said...

We'll put NO TOUCH A POOPY stickers on both the VW and my bike. Apryl probably couldn't bare to mar the paint on hers.