Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mommy, I'm a Dancer!

We've heard that phrase before. About a year ago, in fact. or something like that... I know I made note of it on the blog before. The time is just smushing together lately. You look around, and all of a sudden, your baby is walking consistently around the house, when you try to put her down on her bottom, she prefers her feet, and you realize, crap, she'll be one in two weeks, and if she's walking that means she's a toddler and not a baby anymore, and how did THAT happen?

But back to dance. Because we are a bit obsessed with it at our house right now. We searched around the area for dance lessons back in early February and then the DOOM SICKNESS enveloped our house and after a month of trying to get out from under the DOOM SICKNESS we are finally headed to ballet class today after school.

It's pretty momentous for Stella. We picked up two new leotards last week at Target (thank you Stella for liking what was on the clearance rack) - you know - one leotard for class and the other to wear around the house EVERY MINUTE that she is awake. Observe:


I have no clue what these poses are, but she's pretty serious about it. So here's to something that might teach her discipline and might, just might, rub off at home.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

DOOM SICKNESS! I like your seemingly accurate name for that.

GEB said...

Sure wish we could get Stella and Alice together; they're birds of a feather on this score. I think I even recognize those poses! Great series of blog posts. I would hit a "like" button on each one if I could.